We ensure inclusivity in our model of operation by ensuring impact-oriented results.
What we do matters...
COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency Response for 29 Hospitals in East Africa
The Hospital installations have had the following impacts and continue to impact millions of people in the region:
- Number of hospitals: 29
- Daily hygiene water production: ≥1,000,000 litres per day
- Number of people benefitting: 6 million people annually
- CO2 offset: 12,000 ton annually
- Solar Array: 450 kWp
- Direct Jobs: 55
- Indirect Jobs: 150
Carbon emission and mitigation
- Total savings : 200-400 tonnes CO2/year per WaterKiosk.
- Technology transfer : Solar water desalination system for the production of clean drinking water by modified reverse osmosis.
- Environment : Replaces firewood used for boiling to clean water; avoids deforestation; avoids long distance transport of drinking water by truck or motorcycle
Access to drinking water; cultivation of fruit and vegetables; local fish farming; public access to solar power that is not needed for water treatment.
When Water Meets Sun
Lodwar County & Referral Hospital received a solar water desalination system for its drinking, irrigation and sanitation, with capacity of 5000l/h. In addition, a vertical farm with capacity of 7200 plants, fish farm with 200cbm in water volume and 4500 in fish capacity, plastic recycling machineries to recycle over 100kg of plastic waste daily, 25cbm biogas system to tear organic waste of the hospital and provide gas to the kitchen, powers the plastic recycling facilities, and also release over 150litres of organic fertiliser daily. An intensive training exercise was conducted to the local operators on technical and agri-business skills & management of this landmark project.
- Daily hygiene water production: 60,000 litres per day
- Number of people benefiting: 150,000 people annually
- Fresh fish production: Min. 2.8 ton per harvest
- Fresh vegetable production: Min 3 ton per harvest
- Volume of plastic waste recycled: 100 kg per day
- Volume of organic waste recycled: 150 kg per day
- Burning capacity for flames: 10 cbm gas per day
- Electricity generation from biogas: 5kw/h
- Organic fertilizer project: 150 litre per day
- CO2 offset: 1,000 ton annually
- Solar Array: 450 kWp
and still counting ...
to collect water